Tuesday, February 10, 2009

golden girl

So, I usually wear silver. Then I became sort of obsessed with jcrew and have slowly bringing a few gold pieces into my wardrobe. I'm very select about the process and I'm not sure why. It turns out I tend to be drawn to larger pieces of gold jewelry than small. I don't fancy delicate gold things as much as I'd like to but a long gold necklace or big baubley ring "a la whitney port", I kind of like that.
This all brings me to introducing you to Lindley Bertin of Korcula. I got to chatting with her about her new line a few weeks ago. Love meeting artists.
Where does your inspiration come from? "my inspiration for this collection comes from my desire to create pieces that are refined yet edgy, classic yet unique, simple yet statement making. i celebrate independence and am always seeking to make myself and my style DIFFERENT. I want my collections to reflect that mentality. The majority of this line is very bold. I want to give women something that can be worn on a day to day basis that still has exotic appeal. "
What do you think is the perfect outfit to wear with your jewelry? "i think this all depends on the piece of jewelry and the person wearing it. for example, the jennifer earrings (long floral duster earrings) attract alot of attention to the face and neck. I think they look best with a cocktail ring and a simple strapless dress. My chunky chain link bracelets look great individually but i think even better stacked and mixed. Some people like to mix the rose gold and yellow gold. This look is so fun especially in spring and summer with a long maxi dress and a tan. My everyday go to pieces are the mary miniature yacht wheel necklace and the rock out bracelet. "
Where are you from, are you a full time designer? " i am from houston, texas and i am working on Korcula full time. i just expanded to shoes and handbags and I really want to create a fragrance in the near future. i would love to collaborate on clothing designs...i want to do it all!!"

We are one in the same on that last statement Lindley! Today is a great day to check out her site b/c Korcula is also running a Valentine's Day Sale featuring 40% off the Signature Collection and 20% off the Spring 2009 Collection.
Im leaning toward the long drop earrings. or bracelet...if I wear them will I be featured in the celeb section?

8 comments:

LiPeony said...

ooo I'm a silver white gold person but those jewelry looks so chic... love how they are big but not overly chunky. =D

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

i've always been a silver person but since last year, i've completely fallen for golds! these jewellery are so gorgeous!

Lindley said...

thank you dallas!! i am so honored!

Andhari said...

I drool seein that bracelet :)

drollgirl said...

i used to only wear silver, as i didn't want to look like a big king tut exhibit when walking around (you know, that cheap jewelry cost plus used to carry). but i now like gold, too. there are just so many great pieces out there!

Rachael said...

Love Korcula's jewelry and your interview with the designer. I bought my first piece a couple of weeks ago and Im strongly considering treating myself for Valentines!

MS said...

I love the bracelet and the white dress. Cute for spring.

Jennifer said...

This collection is truly amazing - the pieces really stand out from a lot of what you typically see, and the quality cannot be matched. These are pieces that you will own forever! I am treating myself to my 3rd (and maybe 4th) piece - the long Jennifer earrings for sure...and maybe the cage Laura ring...thank you, Dallas, for lending some much deserved exposure to Korcula's wonderful and talented designer.