Friday, August 5, 2011

My Job- Your Personal Style Correspondant

At a recent meeting, I was asked to sum up my job. It is difficult to do since my job requires more than just illustrating fashion. After some thought, I thought I'd share here.

I am a full time fashion illustrator.  I also develop creative projects. My clients include Dkny, Jack Rogers, DSW, Nine West, Shopbop, BagSnob, Le Chateua, Dace and lots more. 
You can see my work at www.dallasshaw.com





To keep clients and fans of the work in the know, as I work I share my personal finds and travels with you on my blog . I get to seek out the most beautiful things for projects,
and I enjoy sharing my favorites with everyone. My writing style is short and sweet- I let the images speak for themselves- and you can see my personal style be taking a look through my favorite shots.



I host events in the fashion industry and give my favorite picks to publications. Sometimes, I am a brand ambassador or a director of an entire project, but designers come to me for one thing only: 
my thoughts on personal style.


I attend fashion shows and events and often take a peek around backstage in order to share 
my personal style with all of you here on the blog and twitter. For Fashion Week is the best part of my job. I usually heels I can run around in, my favorite purchases ( both new and old) and most importantly something to capture it all with (currently testing out the Nokia Pink N8).


The question I get asked most is "what is your personal style" and my usual answer is "whatever I like that day". I don't believe in trying too hard, but I do believe in wearing what makes you feel most like you. I don't have a style icon that I look to for style guidance , instead I just like to wear what looks good on me.

21 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

sounds like you have a pretty fantastic job! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Anonymous said...

dream job, indeed lovely! you got great style and great character! I heart...

Vasu said...

wow, really exciting and fun, must be so much fun to do something this creative, love ur work


http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

Meghan McCann said...

so, your job is cooler than mine!!! Have a great weekend!


megmacdesigns.blogspot.com

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

I would say your job ROCKS!! YEP!

amy b.s. said...

it's so great that you are doing what you love.

Tiffany Kadani said...

Incredible! What an incredible life you live. Thank you for always giving us a peak into a world we only dream about.

Unknown said...

It's a great job compiled of wonderful experiences it seems. Of course, you back it up with tons of talent and great style. Love your work.

http://onestyleatatime.blogspot.com/

Sam | ashore said...

it's wonderful that you get to define what your job means, Dallas (not have it define you)

Ruby Gray's said...

Fascinating glimpse into your world :) thanks!

Kate said...

Your job sounds amazing. I love your illustrations.

Unknown said...

fabulous learning about all you do! You are definitely a talent my dear:)
C

Bud and Leo said...

Sounds like my dream job! I hope you have as much fun as it sounds like you do.

seraphine said...

I love your drawings !
Thanks for the page, so beautiful paintings!!!
LG

Laura Maddox said...

Wow, that seriously sounds like perfection. What did you major in to have a job like that?

Sierra said...

Wow, loving your job! You make beautiful illustrations.

Unknown said...

hello! i saw your gorgeous photo in Lucky magazine:)...read that you were a fashion illustrator. i'm an artist, too-- more character-based...kinda kiddish and funky:). i just wanted to say that i love your style..you are so pretty and fresh looking. love your art-- it's really magical. and your job sounds killer! so fun!

have a great monday! xoxo

www.saturatedcanary.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Woah, that's awesome! Love your work!

Dallas Shaw said...

major in Style :)
(or illustration)

Unknown said...

Love this post, and so envious of your passion for your career. I am currently trying to pave my way through this wonderful industry. So glad to have such stylish inspiration right at my fingertips!

Cocoa Over Coffee said...

What did you major in to become a fashion illustrator?