Thursday, May 26, 2011

vanity

I love the idea of displaying your jewelry and perfume. It's such a great way to embrace your personal style in your home. Here are some beautiful options.

Perfectly placed perfume on a mirrored tray

Your favorite pieces of jewelry, placed neatly- or not so neatly.


Accessories become "easily accessible" when they are placed into a simple white tray.

Special trinkets in vintage bowls and goblets.

How do you display your favorite objects around the vanity? I'd love to know.
All photos- rue.

9 comments:

Julie and Lauren said...

I love vanitys also- and I'd take that Hermes belt any day ; )

Kelli | Style Domesticity said...

My perfume is all on top of my dresser, my jewelry is kept in my armoire. Great post!

xx kelli
http://dirtndiamonds.com

Lindley said...

i love that golden goblet! creative idea.
~lindley
www.korculastyle.blogspot.com

amy b.s. said...

i love little trays or mirrors that have such an affect on the display. it just seems to add such a romantic element.

Sam | ashore said...

I've recently started leaving certain peices of jewelery out on my vanity and I've found that I wear them so much more! But the ones in the little box stay 'out of sight and out of mind'.

Celine Henke said...

So cute! Love the vintage jewelry!

Unknown said...

I have to say...displaying your jewelry OUT of a jewelry box is SO great. I recently had my closet done by California Closets and have this amazing shelf where I have dishes that I throw all my baubles in....I find it SO much easier to see what I have- when everything was hidden away in my jewelry box, I forgot I had it.
C

carolyn said...

love this. so much potential for glamor isn't there? i have a vintage silver tray for bottles, a bunch of small saucers for jewelry, a cup for brushes and of course, a tilly maison tray (that broke and was unsellable) for makeup :)

Unknown said...

I love how the vanity looks with the mirror tray. but my dresser never seems to stay so beautiful.. seems to be a dumping ground for everyone elses stuff! I am inspired to clear it off and make my own special display.