Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Let's Design Together

Today, we are deciding on our very first piece to the office so I hope my most stylish readers are viewing this post!!
My art career is growing and changing and my small team and I will need a new space to work. We will be designing a new office space one piece at a time (literally) and tracking it here for you so that you can all give your design input. It will also be a great way for anyone reading to decorate your own home space right along with us.
 We are beginning with only a desk and chair and leaving the first addition up to Wendy , from Layla Grayce.

  Which piece did you think should be added to the space first and why?
"A folding screen. First thought upon seeing the office space was there is a beautiful desk but a very lonely wall standing behind it. The screen, if placed slightly off center to the left, can mask the light switch. To balance the screen off to the right we envision either a single large or grouping of Dallas’ talent, her framed artwork or perhaps a dress form with one of her favorite designs or fashion pieces she’s collected. A quick way to ground the desk and add dimension, was to incorporate a decorative element like the screen. We also like the versatility that it provides as it can be moved to another wall or corner space if she wants to later shift things around."


 What are the functions this piece can serve in the office? 
Mainly decorative and space-defining.

Looks like a screen it is! Do you have a favorite of the screens above? I LOVE the gold screen (it's by arteriors). Please leave your thoughts below- and we'll share which screen we pick up from Layla Grayce shortly!!


20 comments:

elalaine said...

I adore them both, but you're right, the GOLD is definitely an eye catcher! Good luck! xo

Vasu said...

I like the golden one, its unique has a modern look to it.



http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

AmySho said...

Definitely the gold - I absolutely LOVE.

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

I LOVE the gold - it's beautiful! A great start to the new office!
www.SproutThroughConcrete.com

megan said...

I love the gold. It's glamorous and grounding.

travelkate said...

I'm a big fan of the Gold. I love how it makes an architectural statement in such a modern and glam way!

Amy said...

I have to agree with your readers. The gold one is outstanding, and just a great conversation piece. It'll still allow light to shine through, but has enough coverage to separate parts of a room.

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

so amazing. goodl uck! x hivenn

Christel @ Captivated by image said...

Yes, the gold one is so, so pretty and room defining. It looks a bit more special. I think these posts for your office are a great idea. I bet everyone loves to see the whole thing come together.

Bud and Leo said...

I absolutely love the gold, but it all depends on how much privacy you need. Such a hard decision!

Houston's Weekly Chic said...

This is such a great idea Dal! Can't wait to see how it all turns out!!

Unknown said...

I am in L-O-V-E with the gold. I also think it would be amazing to tie in one or two gold elements throughout the room...thinking gold vase or pyrite paper weight...J

Dallas Shaw said...

YES! I love the idea of repeating gold here and there throughout.

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Definitely gold. It makes such a statement!

Unknown said...

the gold is just DIVINE..honestly. wish my place was big enough!

seejaneworkplaylive.blogspot.com

Anna @ IHOD said...

The gold one is such a fun modern piece....it would be a great addition to an office space!

Unknown said...

Easy one- the Gold.

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Love the gold!!!! Looking forward to watching the new office evolve!

audrey marie said...

i love the gold piece! how nice to add some separation to an open work space.

::levina:: said...

i agree with the gold. super chic.