Friday, November 1, 2013

you're invited to peek into my closet...



I wanted to share a few snaps from a recent DKNY Coregirl shoot and more importantly, take a moment to get a little personal. I'd like to invite all of you into my closet! 

Due to my love of fashion and my job in the fashion industry, I have a large collection of clothing, shoes and accessories. In addition to the collection, we have new product coming in and out of the office daily. I also spend a lot of time traveling, so getting ready in the morning has to be easy and enjoyable for me, on a tight timeline. When I ended up with an unused room in my new home, and I decided to turn the entire room into my closet.

I decided I wanted my dressing area to be less about standard "cubes and racks" and to feel more like a room. I began with my favorite wallpaper (nice job, Joy) and with some help from my friends at Hygge and West we were able to make it happen quickly. 

Then I added 3 overlapping persian overdyed rugs from Rugs USA. A large cream, over a bright pink and a neon yellow tops off the collection. 


Then as wall decor I added lace longhorns by Love Warriors of Sweden (obsessed with this site). One rests at the top of a found metal ladder (he's the keep of the denim), and the other is mounted on the closet doors. 
{ love warriors lace longhorns whiteblack } { oh joy petal-pusher wallpaper } 

 Those were my first steps- stay tuned for step two where I'll show you how I store my favorite things!


5 comments:

Dana said...

im obsessedddd with your shoes!

www.thecasualclassic.com

Meghan Donovan said...

your tee / pencil skirt / shoes combo is everything. love it, dallas!

mikky said...

Ooooo can't wait to see the rest. That wallpaper is fab and those rugs, oh those rugs! Love the colours you picked.


:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

Dallas Shaw said...

thanks ladies
x

yan min said...

Great Idea's thanks for share. i love over dyed rugs and Purple color over dyed rug is my favorite Rug