Friday, October 11, 2013

the one that got away


Moda Operandi, one of my favorites, just launched a super cute campaign called The One That Got Away, where they asked fashion industry insiders to describe that moment when they fell in love with that one piece of clothing and let it, unfortunately, slip through their hands. Devastating, I know.


{ view each video here. so worth it, promise. Karlie Kloss / Poppy Delevingne / Anna Dello Russo / Giovanna Battaglia / Caroline Issa / Leandra Medine }

For me, my piece that got away was this insanely gorgeous yellow halter dress from the Nina Ricci 2014 Resort Collection. I knew the second I saw it that my closet would never be the same without it, but somehow I let it pass me by. Heartbreakingly, it's no longer available anywhere. { ps if you ever find it, tweet me- I need this dress! }



Moda is having a Nina Ricci trunkshow right now (only for two more days- until October 13!), so I went through and picked out the other items that I don't think any of us should let get away. My number one? This insanely beautiful printed skirt. 

The Nina Ricci collection just.gets.us. So feminine, but still so strong and bold. I love that each piece makes such a statement.


So what's your piece that got away? Let's all comfort each other in the comments below, it's best to just let it out--

5 comments:

amy b.s. said...

i'd be upset about losing that dress too! amazing.

Grace (The Stripe) said...

oh, that dress! amazing! xx

A Crimson Kiss said...

It was a Monét waterlilies-inspired bias cut chiffon dress with the most understated paillettes...

The very next day when I went back, it had been sold!

FASHION SNAG said...

Cute video and lovely dress. Sorry you missed out on it.

www.FashionSnag.com

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

LOVE this video and that dress is divine, hope you can find it!