Tuesday, July 28, 2009

what's up with jill?

Wondering what happened with Jill's bag?

She Measured and cut, ironed and sewed, then created the base.
Next steps: inner and outer layers were sewn up and then ready t be sewn together. The handles got sewn on, layers pinned together (wrong sides out) and finally the topstitching on the bag was done.

Here are a few more photos from Jill's work of art. Make sure to check out her amazing etsy if you haven't yet. I have a Jill Bent bag that I take with me every time walk over to the grocery store!
Thanks Jill!


blue moss said...

great tutorial! love her bags

Hanako66 said...

it is so cute!!!

the southern hostess said...

Gorgeous bag!

Amanda Nicole said...

What a perfect shopping bag! Love the wide base and pretty fabric.

Classic Twist said...


kendall*micayla said...

oh its lovely!!! very cute.
ive missed visiting you here, i must come more often :)

Annette said...

haha I tried doing something similar to this once.
ended with a bloody thumb.
a lost handle.
and I'm pretty reassured I'll never try it again.
I'll let you be the one with crafty tutorials.

much love,