Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Point to point

This past weekend I attended an event in DE called point to point. Its an event where thousands of people show up for horse races and more importantly a massive tailgate in their country club casual attire. A seemingly odd mix but fun I assure you. This year, it poured. I was amazed to see that some still came out in seersucker suits and bow ties only to get covered in mud. The prep attire was inspiring. J crew missed out on a great photo op.
It did stir up a nice post.
A great chair at Jonathan Adler that would be stunning in any prepster's home.


Cute preppy flickr find.
A dog decked out in polo.
New finds at Kate's.
My own soaked Jcrew wellies at the event.

13 comments:

down and out chic said...

i had to shake my head to make sure i saw this correctly, a dog in a polo. and not just any polo, a nice one at that. hilarious.

JGeb said...

Ahhh Point 2 Point! I haven't been in the past two years, but good times for sure!

Must have that chair!

Char said...

my brother and SIL go to these because his company sponsors a steeple chase. so much fun to see what they wear.

Hanako66 said...

how fun! your wellies are darling:)

I am dying over that JA chair!

Jessie {A Punctuated Life} said...

I think most states have something to this effect and it's always so fun!! I agree about a missed photo op for J Crew!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Be sure to swing by the Perfect Palette and enter our give-a-way! Creative packaging compliments of Garnish!

Blair said...

oh, I love the shot of you in your wellies--they are just too cute!

drollgirl said...

love that chair!!!!

Moonspinner said...

Thanks for dropping in at the Attic. That dog is too cute!

Federica said...

How cute is the little dog!
Have a great weekend!

Karen said...

Have you seen the cool Jonathan Adler stuff we carry at Barnes & Noble?? There is a whole fixture dedicated to the designer - sketchbooks, pencils, pouches, stationery, umbrellas - it's really cool!!

Lauren said...

I wish I lived someplace where it rained ever- I love wellies! Yours are great.

A "cheery" disposition said...

that striped chair is just too awesome for words!